The Fit-Tastic! Healthcare Sector of the Healthy Lifestyles Initiative provides support, technical assistance, educational outreach, supporting materials and training opportunities for providers working with patients and their families on promoting healthy eating and active living behaviors to prevent and treat obesity.
The Healthy Lifestyles Initiative methodology is based off of national work from NICHQ-Collaborate for Healthy Weight. This methodology crosses 3 sectors (Government, Community, and Healthcare) in various settings (schools, early childhood, workplace, and PCP offices) to reach children and families where they live, study, work and play. It is centered on creating customized MAPPS for Change.
MAPPS for Change elements:
M- Consistent use of message (12345 Fit-Tastic!).
A- Consistent assessment of weight status and lifestyle behaviors.
P- Customized healthy lifestyle plan for all.
P- Policies & environments that enable healthy eating and active living.
S- Stories & Statistics on message reach, assessment/plans completed and policy/ environmental changes made.
- Fit-Tastic! materials are available to your practice to use to reinforce the 12345 Fit-Tastic! message. The materials offer a space for you to add a logo, name, and address of your organization.
- The 12345 Fit-Tastic! logo or website cannot be changed or altered.
- All materials can be downloaded in PDF format by logging in to the partner section of the 12345 Fit-Tastic! website.
- Please contact us if you would like additional support or technical assistance.
- Have ideas for new materials or would like to develop new materials? Contact us!